INSERTION IN 20 SECONDS! -MY COLON MODEL INSERTION DEMONSTRATION
MOVIE 19-1 MY COLON MODEL INSERTION DEMONSTRATION
My colon model insertion demonstration I casually performed at the tutorial training. It is fast, but the singular method is precisely carried out.
Chart 19-1 COLON MODEL INSERTION STEP BY STEP
MOVIE 19-2 THE LEFT HAND'S POSITION DURING THE COLON MODEL INSERTION
Pay attention to the left hand's position. Colon model insertion is carried out with the Singular Method.
MOVIE 19-3 THE SINGULAR METHOD COMPARISON BETWEEN THE FINGER-SCOPE AND THE FIBERSCOPE ON THE COLON MODEL 2
Shown on the left is the finger-scopy. The right is the Singular Method on the colon model. Looking at both videos, you can see that they are essentially the same.
1) In the rectum, rotate counterclockwise and proceed leftward.
2) In the sigmoid colon, basically rotate clockwise and proceed rightward.
3) Proceed rightward in the SD Junction.
4) Advance straightforwardly in the descending colon.
5) Proceed upward at the splenic flexure and once over it, change the posture.
6) Proceed downward in the mid-transverse colon and rotate counterclockwise and proceed leftward in the latter transverse colon.
7) When hitting the wall of the hepatic flexure on the left, proceed rightward.
8) Proceed straightforwardly as rotating clockwise in the ascending colon.
COLUMN 1 ANOTHER BENEFIT OF THE
COLUMN 1 ANOTHER BENEFIT OF THE COLON MODEL
On a colon model the Singular Method is best learned, but not only because you can refine your finger skill. If compared to soccer, the Singular Method is the manager's game plan and the finger technique is something like dribbling skill, which is a critical fundamental aspect of the one-on-one play.
COLUMN 2 AHA MOMENT
COLUMN 2 AHA MOMENT
As I give hands-on training to students every day, I come across their "aha moment" every once in a while. Typically, after experiencing 100 cases or so, an exponential improvement takes place. When I ask them "have you got a clue?" they often answer "I think I have." It is that moment when they realize something important was lost and missing among the large amount of knowledge they acquired. Once they have that moment, as if the missing piece was found and the puzzle was completed, they make skyrocketing progress.